Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Today...

Today I went to the University of Wollongong for my interview for a Bachelor of Creative Arts (Creative Writing). Basically we had to talk about our styles, influences and aspirations and other questions. Everyone was nervous, except for me, the professors seemed pretty nice. I was lucky enough to go first, and it went great. The two interviewers asked mainly about my political writing and they seemed impressed. A lot of encouraging words from them just made me more confident and I seemed to mesh well with them. We seemed to mesh well, in relation to our political beliefs and spiritual beliefs (or lack of). The head professor gave me a reading list that included John Steinbeck, who I have heard of. Have any of you guys heard of him or read any of his stuff? If so, what's he like? Oh and with around five days till the end of Nanowrimo, I may have written the least in the history of the event, I've done like 2%. Oh well, there's still next year.