Monday, November 15, 2004

The death of a 'freedom fighter'

I have yet to say anything about the sad death of Yasser Arafat, as he himself said "I am not a terrorist, I am a freedom fighter" And I sincerly believe that. He was fighting for the rights of the Palestinian people. The people who have been denied the right to belong to to a country based on religion and imperialist greed. What I don't get, is why do both sides have a problem with each other, why can't they live together. I am appalled at the attacks by world leaders that his death will renew a chance for peace. I disagree, the other side is too greedy to divide it fairly. I had a badge that read "Free Palestine" but I lost it. In regards to Arafat being called a terrorist, it is funny to call him a terrorist but when Bush slaughters thousands or Iraqi civilians in Falluja, no one says anything. Isn't a terrorist someone who creates terror, if so, put Bush in that catagory.