Sunday, November 07, 2004

Deportation to Fiji splits family of six

Deportation to Fiji splits family of six - SMH

A Fijian women who overstayed her visa, will be deported to Fiji leaving her Australia-born children behind. "I don't know when I will see them again," she said from inside the detention centre yesterday. I urge the government to have a little compassion, this was done a couple of years ago with a Russian women, who could not see her child because she was in detention. How can people see this as fair.

My political rants will begin to be minimized to maybe just the issue of mandatory detention of Asylum seekers, and rare outbursts of disgust at racism and the Iraq war. This is because I am about to beging writing my novel and so that will return the centrepiece of this blog, a it was before. As I write this post I am currently under attack from spyware. Oh and I have a look at my new tagboard/shoutbox, and drop me a line