Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Tampering with Asylum


I just finished reading 'Tampering with Asylum' by Frank Brennan. As some of you know, I am a slow reader and I was reading this book on and off so it took me a while to finish. Unlike 'Asylum' by Heather Tyler, it didn't really grab my attention or invoke any strong emotional response. The book was a more legally in depth and would only appeal to those who already have a grasp of the inhumane policy that the book focuses on. It is very calculated and provided excerpts from various documents that outlined the government's gross negligence when it came to honouring it's humanitarian obligations. This book is only for the political nerds, like myself, I would recommend 'Asylum' by Heather Tyler for most people who want to get an understanding of what is going on.