Sunday, May 29, 2005

Attached to my computer and a zombie story.

Yesterday was a little concerning. I spent the whole day on the computer, and I went to bed with a backache. While I have no major issue with extended computer use, I think virtually a whole day is a little too much. Yes, when I woke up this morning I turned it back on and here I am. But, my dad has a little bit of yard work for me to do. Last night, realizing that I needed to break the trend I printed the beginning of chapter nine of my novel out and will write some more – by hand – later today. Also I need to get myself organised for my first day of uni tomorrow, clean up my desk a bit and make sure I know what I’m doing.

But I did get the beginning of interesting flash fiction piece last night thanks to my 10-year-old sister. It was bedtime for her, so I chased her into her room acting like a goose, or zombie should I say. Then I thought a zombie piece. I haven’t played or seen resident evil but it was interesting I started the piece right in the thick of it. I did it in the first person and the zombie was chasing me. It looks ok, it could prove more publishable then some of the other pieces I’ve been writing.

And a hello to an extra load of BlogExplosion surfers. The 'Battle of The Blogs' concept scored me a lot of credits last night and so thanks to that, you are either here reading or you have moved on to another blog in a greedy pursuit of credits.