Monday, May 02, 2005

Prose or Script? & Clowns

After sifting through the Dreams site last night I had the urge to write, this had something to do with the infamous time to think in the shower. I came up with a scene for the script I was writing, but I thought it could work as a prose piece rather than a script. So I started writing the script as a story and will complete both and see what works better.

The main doubt I had about this story, as either prose or script was the meaning of it, where it would end up etc. The story involves a psychopathic clown. This works for me as I've been freaked out about clowns since I had a nightmare when I was 5 or 6. The image of a clown on my wall speaking to me has never left my mind. I've been trying to find a meaning at this is the best answer I have gotten so far.

"...If you have a fear or phobia of clowns, the clown may represent a mysterious person in your life who mean you harm. Somebody you know may not be who they appear to be. Or somebody may be pretending to be somebody they are not and are hiding under a facade. "

What does this mean exactly? I don't know. But seeing as my current story involves a similar idea I can use to move somewhere.