Saturday, December 11, 2004

Novel Update: First draft - Chapter 1 (and other stuff)

Ok, the prologue is done...for now, and I am about to move onto the first chapter. To tell you the truth the prologue was done a while ago, but I'm at a loss as to how to start the first chapter. It has given me some time to think things over, and the story is forever changing in my head. This is a good thing, because my story is constantly gaining more and more depth, I'm coming up with more stuff that adds interest to my character's and sub-plots that make it easy to string to story together and keep it moving.

With no writing, you'd think I'd be doing nothing, but I have been doing something. I have been working on an article for a webzine, from the US. The article is on the Australian refugee issue, and it's basically an overview of the whole issue. I sent the article away to the editor for a first look and he sent it back with notes for me to fix it up, this experience is extremely enjoyable and worthwhile.