Saturday, December 04, 2004

National Treasure

Tonight I expected to sit on the internet all night, doing brain numbing things like browse blogexplosion for hours. Instead I got a phone call from my friend, Ben (no I'm not friends with myself). Me and four other friends went to the local cinema to see the new movie 'National Treasure'. I thought yeah, it might be alright, probably nothing special though. Boy I was so wrong. It has to be one of my favourite movies of all time, next to Braveheart and The Green Mile, among others. The fact that it was PG turned me off, but once you were hooked you forgot about that. It had suspense, action, history, mystery and a little bit of romance and comedy. It let your mind wander. For those who haven't seen or heard about the movie, it's about a treasure that has been passed through civilizations through the years (like right back to ancient Egypt). Until finally the founding father of the US declaration of independence hid it. Now Ben, (just a coincidence) played by Nicholas Cage, is on mission that has been passed down from his great grandfather to find the treasure.

Also I little piece at the start allowed my mind to wander to a solution to one of my holes in my novel, and things are slowly falling into place.