Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Here's the other side of the story

My captors weren't savages: kidnapped journalist

So many times people have told me to look at the other side of the story, well that's all I ever here, The Telegraph in Australia is the most biased source of media aside from Fox News, of course their from the same company. Ok, so for all those Bush-lovers, and Howard lovers, and anyone else who loves their leader and he's a Bush ass-licker read this article. This guy got away because he didn't support the war. "They're not actually just killing people willy-nilly."
"They talk to you, they think about things."
"(From their perspective) there was a reason to kill (British hostage Ken) Bigley, there was a reason to kill the Americans; there was not a reason to kill me (and) luckily I managed to convince them of that."
I pose this question to all who are in favour of the war, what would you xenophobes do if someone invaded your country?

Note: In no way to I support the torture and cruel treatment of hostages by the kidnappers, but you have to look at their extremely desperate situation.