Ferguson sounds harsh note on refugees - www.theage.com.au
Like other refugee advocates I am appalled at the comments by Labors new shadow immigration minister, she claimed "they would have a more realistic view if they lived in areas where most refugees resided."
Ok I wont lecture people on the issue because I do it freqently on this blog, but he also said "a sizeable proportion" of asylum seekers had fraudulent cases and manipulated the legal system to stay in Australia.
Ok, these people are unable to obtain the correct papers, do you think countries such as Iran and China want to allow people to obtain refugee status. The fact is 93% of those detained for lengthy amounts of time are found to be refugees. The other 7% surely includes those that have given up on rejected claims, and gone back to their country to live the rest of their lives with a burden percecution, rather then the Australian government accepting their applications.