Monday, March 21, 2005

Habib loves Australia, and yes we love him too.

Don't leave Hicks behind, Habib tells rally - National - www.smh.com.au

Yesterday's anti-war rally in Hyde Park was awesome. The 'Red Bloc' group was by far the best. My throat was very sore after, but it was well worth it, with chants like, "1,2,3,4, We don't want your racist war. 5,6,7,8, we will not co-operate." and "George Bush, USA, how many kids have you killed today." There was a great surprisee when Mamdouh Habib took the stage. I really admire the man for his attitude after all he has been through. He thanked Australia for standing up for him and he said, "I love all Australians because you are all of my family." Which I found incredibly touching. He also made said that we should stick up for David Hicks to bring him home, this man has just got back, and it is his kindness that sees him turn to help someone else out.

In other news, I am going to Baxter Detention Centre from Thursday to Monday since Refugee Action Coalition just passed a motion to fund me to go seeing I have no money at the moment. I am very excited, I'm going to have to clear my memory off my camera and take some photos for you all to see.

And remember, Keep up the good fight.