Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Novel Update: First Draft - Chapter Five (10,000 word mark)

Word Count: 10,013

Well I've passed the 10,000 word mark and into 5 figures. That is somewhat pleasing. I think I've finished chapter five unless I get a sudden burst of inspiration to add more. But in my current creative state it looks unlikely. I’m lacking inspiration, and the words still aren't flowing. This chapter was only 836 words, is that too short considering two chapter ago I wrote 3,000 plus. Most chapters have been around the thousand word mark except for the prologue and Chapter three which were reasonably long. I think that's ok, as they are key chapters. My Ukranian character has started speaking English, which is releaving, the moments before when he spoke was in Ukranian and it was difficult to convey what he was saying whilst also allowing my other character to understand also.

Now two problems: Is the thousand word chapters ok? And How do I revive some of my creative inspiration so the words can start flowing?