Monday, January 24, 2005

Reading Media statements is dangerous for my mental health

www.greens.org.au - Vanstone negligent over farcical and dangerous deportations

I was on the Greens website just now and I am fuming again. This is the danger of my knowing too much, I am sorry to my family if I will be angry for the rest of the day. I recentlyy told you about the Iranian writer who is going to be deported. I now know that after he was told of this decision he took an overdose of pills and was taken to hospital. I also now know that Immigration Minister Amanda Vanstone has handed the duty of ministerial intervention into humanitarian immigration over to her Junior Minister. She doesn't even have the respect for the sensitivity of these people to do it herself. The Junior minister is apparently rejecting pleas at a rapid rate.