Monday, January 24, 2005

Intolerance

I'm in another heated mood, not because of some politician doing evil things, but it's my evangelical Christian sister. She and even her friends are trying to convert me! I try to promote tolerance and acceptance, but my sister has a big problem with my beliefs and I have a big problem with her trying to mess with them. Now firstly her doing so, is a waste of time. I went to church from a young age and nothing ever sank in, it wasn't until a couple of years ago that I realized that, and also had the guts to proudly say I am atheist, or to a more exact term, existentialist (see 'Waiting for Godot') Now I think that it is disgusting for people to try to convert other people to their beliefs. I have no problem with other people's religious beliefs, but I have a problem when people reject mine as 'silly' and 'disappointing.'