Thursday, January 27, 2005

The intolerance continues

You may notice in my shoutbox and my comments for my previous post on intolerance were some comments by one of my sister's friends. She called my intolerant. Can you believe that, they can't accept my beliefs, I have no problem with them having their beliefs but according to them I'm intolerant. Well we'll just look this up for ourselves then. According to World Net intolerance means:
intolerance
n 1: impatience with annoyances; "his
intolerance of interruptions" 2: unwillingness to recognize and respect
differences in opinions or beliefs

I think I am not the only one to say number 2 matches my sister and her friends fairly accurately. Now before anyone says: I don't respect their beliefs by not listening to what they have to say. Let me say this again, I have called myself a Christian for many years, gone to church, listened to countless songs and sermons, but none of it affected me, I never believed in god from the start no matter how much people tried, it's just I didn't realize it. What a mistake I may have made, because now all I get is crap. Sorry if this fight gets a bit personal, but maybe to some of you out there, there is a lesson to learn.